PRINCE2® (an acronym for PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a de facto process-based method for effective project management. Used extensively in UK, PRINCE2® is also widely recognized and used in the private sector also. The PRINCE2® method offers non-proprietorial best practice guidance on project management.
Key features of PRINCE2®
- Focus on business justification
- Defined organization structure for the project management team
- Product-based planning approach
- Emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages
- Flexibility that can be applied at a level appropriate to the project.
The PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner qualification is ideal if you are taking on more project work or are moving into a project management role. If you work as part of a project team and are just looking to learn an overview of PRINCE2®, then the standalone Foundation course should be more suited to you.
Level-1 Prince2® Foundation
The PRINCE2® Foundation qualification will teach you the PRINCE2® principles, terminology and when qualified you will be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2® methodology within a project environment supporting PRINCE2®.
Level-2 Prince2® Practitioner
The PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification will teach you to apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. Once qualified you will be able to apply and tune PRINCE2® to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario.
Who is this for?
Our participants come from a range of different backgrounds with varied motives behind taking up a PRINCE2® course. Generally this certification is meant for the following professionals
- project managers
- team managers
- project leaders
- project co-ordinators
- program and delivery managers
- engineering managers and
- those with responsibility of planning, executing and reporting projects.
- It is a project management method designed to provide a framework covering the wide variety of disciplines and activities required within a project.
- PRINCE2® provides a common vocabulary for all those involved in a project
- There is a defined structure for accountability, delegation, authority and communication.
- The development of PRINCE2® was driven by the feedback from end-users, project management specialists and thus has resulted in a generic best practice method which is flexible enough to be tailored to the specific needs of different organizations for all kind of projects
- Building confidence for facing PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Exams
- Enhance individual project management skills by getting a systematic understanding of formal project management concepts, language and best practices.
- Value of effective project management in organizations, and the structures for implementation
- Roles and professional responsibilities of project managers and others.
- Frameworks to identify opportunities of improvement in the area of project management and to think through issues
- Get prepared for the next level of leadership; Engage into a higher level of thinking
- Get awareness of the need and the techniques for making realistic commitments, providing greater visibility and acting more proactively than reactively, resulting in significant improvements in quality, schedules and customer satisfaction
PRINCE2® Exam Eligibility
You must be able to provide proof of passing one of the following exams
- PRINCE2® Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP) ® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) ®from Project Management Institute Inc, USA
- IPMA Level A, B, C, D
PRINCE2® Foundation Exam format
- Multiple choice
- 60 questions per paper
- 30 marks required to pass (out of 60 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book
PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam format
- Objective testing
- 68 questions
- 38 marks or more required to pass – 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2® manual only)